Does it support BTDF MSI deployment?

Jun 25, 2016 at 7:25 AM
We mostly use BTDF for deployment, does it support BTDF MSI?
If not, do you have any plan to extend the functionality of the tool?
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2016 at 9:17 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2016 at 9:20 AM
Hi Dheeraj,

The tool does not support BDTF msi yet. BTDF msi are created differently and so the deployment would be a bit different, probably using BTDF components.
But I am working on the BTDF msi support and in the analysis phase. I am planning to include the same in new release.

BizTalk Application Deployment also has bunch of other features that would be useful in a BizTalk environment.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2016 at 12:55 PM
dheerajbhavsar89 wrote:
We mostly use BTDF for deployment, does it support BTDF MSI?
If not, do you have any plan to extend the functionality of the tool?
Hi Dheeraj,

BTDF Msis are now supported in BADT. You can download V2.1 and use the feature. Its still in Beta for try outs so please let me know how it works for your environments.
Sep 21, 2016 at 7:26 PM
Thanks for the BTDF feature. Its working good for us. Helping a lot in our 12 server farm.
Sep 23, 2016 at 8:18 AM
Hi,

I just tested this tool for BTDF deployments on a local VM.
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

Is the "beta" status already supporting BTDF 5.6 on BizTalk 2013 R2?

I have the following error in the BTDF Deploy application step:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\companyname\$(ProjectName) $(ProjectVersion)\1.1'.-- FAILED

Also, it said uninstallation was "Success", but the MSI is still installed and application is running in BizTalk...

Any thoughts?
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2016 at 11:13 AM
Hi ,
Thanks for taking out time to check on the tool.

Did you run the exe as an administrator. The UnInstall wouild have failed for Non-Admin. There is a bug that still saya as Success . If u read the log below it would have more details.

I have fixed the status bug and updated the release download.

Yes I have tested two of the BTDF applications from V 5.6 , HelloWorld and Advanced on BizTalk 2013R2.

Please retry the deployment using the current download. The Installation failed so the BTDF Deploy step was failing.

Its in beta as I dont have enough BTDF msi cases to test.

The BTDF Deploy action does the undeploy and removal via MsBuild.

Can you please send me the entire log of the BTDF Deploy action. and other actions that you ran ?

On the Install path : 'C:\Program Files (x86)\companyname\ comes from the BADT config.. And the later path comes from btdf proj file tag <ProductName>\<ProjectVersion>.. So you should have meaningful name under .btdf poj file.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2016 at 9:35 AM
Edited Sep 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM
PierkenAtCodePlex wrote:
Hi,
Any thoughts?
Can you please try again with the current latest downlaod on V2.1 and Run the exe as Administrator