Does this support 2016..?

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Hi Rituraj, this is a nice tool to use and helpful. I have below queries. Can you please clarify.?
  1. Does it support BizTalk 2016. ?
  2. How to configure the environment to be available in droop down.?
  3. How does it read the binding configuration for the binding sheet..?
  4. Any way to deploy multiple msis?
Coordinator
Jan 1 at 9:29 PM
Hi Anindun,

Thanks for trying the tool.

Does it support BizTalk 2016. ?
-- I have not tested it on BT 2016, but it should work. Only the SSO config deploy might have issues because of the Interop dll version. This can be fixed by binding redirection in the config file.
Best way to check is to test.

How to configure the environment to be available in droop down.?
-- For the BizTalk generated msis, the environment is populated by the binding files that you package when u are exporting the msi from admin console. The way it populated environment is exactly the same as when u import ur msi from admin console.

How does it read the binding configuration for the binding sheet..?
-- Are you talking about BTDF generated msi here. If so, the configuration here comes from the environment sheet. The tool unpacks the binding files the same way as BTDF does and then lists the available binding environments.

Any way to deploy multiple msis?
  • Multiple msi deploy is not there. In practise also when u deploy msis , u have to do it one by one as u can not do multiple deploys at one go in a biztalk environment. There also it goes one after another.
Please let me know if u face any issues ir have any more query.
Are u trying the BTDF msi or the default BizTalk msi ? How many servers u have in the farm.. The IIS operations will be a great help in multi server farms.